Joint Pain Treatment, Symptoms And Causes That You Ought to Know
Joint pain can affect anybody due to varieties of causes, but the most commonly affected persons are those aged above 50. Excessive wear and tear leads on the degeneration of bones and stiffens the joints as one progress towards aging and impairs the free movement to a great extent. This is the most prevailing disorder affecting millions in all corners of the globe irrespective of gender and color. Age related joint pains are observed in knees, shoulders, back and hips while other joints like elbow, wrists, fingers, heels and ankles are also affected due to varied reasons.
- 1. Swelling and inflammation of the joints.
- 2. Moderate to acute pain lasting for few hours to some days.
- 3. Impeding the free movement of joints.
- 1. Physical injury
- 2. Osteoarthritis
- 3. Rheumatoid arthritis
- 4. Bursitis
- 5. Obesity
- 6. Diabetes
- 7. Menopause in women
- 8. Infections
Joint pains which are short lived can be cured easily but the chronic ones related to arthritis demands time and constant medication.
Various NSAID's, analgesics and corticosteroids are widely used in treating joint pains depending upon the severity of the condition. Surgical procedures like knee replacement etc. are also followed in treating serious conditions. Due to the undesirable side effects of these treatments people are opting for safer natural remedies, which are no less effective than the over-the counter drugs.
- 1. In treating age related osteoarthritis, dietary changes are must that includes vitamin and fiber rich foods and totally excludes refined and processed high calorie foods.
- 2. Food rich in omega 3- fatty acids like fish, nuts, walnut etc. helps in treating this problem.
- 3. Fruits like Banana help in providing strength and lubrication to the joints.
- 4. Adding turmeric to the hot milk and drinking it reduces all the body pains.
- 5. Rubbing hot vinegar on the painful joints before going to bed provides relief to the joint pains.
- 6. Mixing two teaspoonfuls of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoonful of honey in a glass of water and drinking it brings relief to the pains.
- 7. Celery seeds have constituents similar to that of aspirin and have strong anti inflammatory properties.
- 8. Application of a mixture of camphor, eucalyptus oil and methyl salicylate and menthol is very effective in reducing joint pains.
- 9. Taking Epsom salt bath or massaging the affected joints with medicated oils helps in reducing the pain.
- 10. Applying hot and cold compress also relieves the pain.
- 11. Regular exercises, yoga postures strengthen the bones and the joints that help both in prevention and treatment of this condition.
Considering the severity of the condition, free movements must be restricted and carried out within tolerable limits to prevent deterioration.